Apparently ayurvedic teas have been consumed for centuries due to its broad health benefits. The tea originates from India more than 5000 years ago and has assisted people gain balance, health and energy. Ayurveda means “science of life”. Ayurvedic tea or ayurvedic wellness tea is a specially prepared tea blend which combines fruits, spices, organic herbs and certain plants to benefit the health.
What is Ayurvedic tea? Here are the facts
• Ayurvedic tea is traditional herbal tea made from ayurvedic medicines, following traditional approach to overall health and wellness.
• The tea is available in three different forms, vata tea, kapha tea and pitta tea. Each kind of tea has different elements.
• Ayurvedic tea has potential to cleanse and detoxify the body in certain specific way
• Ayurvedic tea can boost health, increase longevity while delivering a number of health benefits
• Vata tea has ingredients like ginger, cinnamon, cloves, fennel, stevia, licorice, etc.
• Pitta-based herbal tea may have rose petals, licorice, ginger, cardamom an stevia
• kapha has black pepper, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and licorice
I was intrigued, so I kept researching. There are benefits associated with drinking ayurvedic tea. It can help with digestion, weight-loss and alleges that it prevents diabetes. How can a caffeine-free tea, help you loose weight? The tea boosts metabolism and contains fat burning properties. It removes toxins that are built up in the gastrointestinal system. The tea has anti-inflammatory properties that prevents oxidative stress, in addition it reverses the impact of free radicals.
Also addressed as ‘diabetes mellitus’, diabetes is a harmful chronic disease which is pretty much common all across the globe. There are various reasons for elevated sugar levels and some of them are sedentary lifestyle, lack of physical
The best herbal teas and their benefits
For nearly thousands of years, ayurvedic teas are consumed for amazing medicinal properties and for delicious taste. Ayurvedic teas bear powerful antioxidants to benefit overall physical and mental health. Ayurvedic teas are prepared by using roots, flowers, seeds, leaves and bark. The following are the best ayurvedic teas:
• Chamomile tea is regarded as the best ayurvedic tea which relaxes mind and body. The relaxing ayurvedic tea is anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal to improve digestion, relieve irritable bowel syndrome.
• If you want to improve your immunity system, start consuming ginger tea. Herbal ginger tea improves digestion and boosts immunity system. The herbal tea or ayurvedic blend uses the roots of ginger for tea preparation. Hence, the tea is strong and flavorful. Regular consumption of ginger tea can also reduce pain in the muscles, address joint disorders. The tea has powerful antioxidants to reduce stress, cleanse chemicals and reverse aging process. It can also fight cough and cold, relieve menstrual cramps.
• Red Rooibos Tea and Green Rooibos Tea are popular for antioxidants like nothofagin and aspalathin. The caffeine free ayurvedic teas can fight off cancer cells and can also combat free radicals. It can also lower blood pressure and cholesterol in the blood.
• If you cannot sleep properly and are stressed out all the while, start consuming Valerian tea. The great herb called Valerian can fight off the side effects of our modern lifestyle such as sleeplessness and stress. The herbal tea may also help in neurological disorders. Valerian tea before bedtime can resolve gastrointestinal problem, seizure, ADHD
• To get rid of irritable bowel syndrome and to improve digestion, you may opt for Peppermint tea. The nutritious herb can soothe stomach problems and get rid of stomach disorders. If you suffer from inflammatory bowel disease, just go for peppermint tea.
• To improve liver functioning, boost digestion and detoxify the body, go for Dandelion tea. It not only boosts digestion but also has potential to expel kidney stones. It detoxifies the body and also assists in weight loss. The herbal tea can flush off toxins from the body and also fight off free radicals that have damaging effect on the body.
• For those who suffer from bronchitis and frequent cough, they may adopt Thyme tea. The ayurvedic tea is rich in antioxidants, minerals and flavonoids. It can combat body infection in the best manner.